Do you know someone interested in a career in radio? One of the most respected radio broadcasting companies in Nevada, Lotus Radio Corp., is currently accepting applications for:
POSITION SUMMARY: Are you looking to work for a market leading Radio and Interactive Media Company? Do you have a proven track record in sales? As a privately-owned media company, our culture is one that rewards creativity, independent thinking, and dedication to our community and our clients. If you think you are the perfect fit for our culture we would love to hear from you. Our need is for an experienced Account Executive to sell radio advertising in Northern Nevada. Our stations include the top Triple A, Rock, Classic Rock and Sports stations in the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain new station advertisers through prospecting and great client service
- Primary responsibilities will include cold calling, developing new accounts, writing proposals, coordinating commercial copywriting and production and ongoing billing collection.
- Build relationships and sell radio as a marketing solution to help clients meet their key business challenges.
- Follows up on sales orders and ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensure sales orders are submitted and processed according to company policies and procedures.
- Requires visits to client offices and premises.
- May require client outings to sports and other entertainment events.
- Provide weekly activity/call reports and other sales reports when required.
- Be a positive force in the building.
- High School Diploma is required, an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience B2B/Outside Sales, with a demonstrated track record of meeting aggressive sales goals preferred. Broadcast sales experience is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of advertising products preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and an enthusiastic self-starter who is able to work effectively in a team environment and also independently.
- Must have strong presentation skills
- Must have effective time management skills.
- Must possess a will to win with the core focus on helping clients while hitting budgets.
- Deep familiarity with MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Office environment, some repetitive motion required. Requires travel to station events and client sites, valid drivers’ license is required with good driving record. Must have a reliable means of transportation and maintain current insurance and registration.
Position Summary: The Remote Tech will assist the Promotions Department with client remote broadcasts and station events throughout Northern Nevada. This is a service oriented position requiring excellent oral communication skills, personable interaction with fellow employees and the public, organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and as a team member.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive and maintain station vehicles. Station vehicles should be clean and ready for the next remote.
- Execute technical and physical set-up and breakdown of remote broadcasts and station events and maintain working condition of remote equipment and station vehicles. Assist station Air Talent as needed.
- Represent the station in a positive, professional manner at client remote broadcasts and station events.
- Apply positive, professional communication skills with customer service mentality when interacting with co-workers, listeners, clients, etc.
Reports to the Promotions Director.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by Programming, Promotions, Sales and General Management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Valid Driver’s License and excellent driving record required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be a motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who is able to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Must be reliable, punctual, detail oriented, highly organized, responsive, and excellent at time management.
- Ability to think quickly with good problem-solving skills while still maintaining safety for you and others.
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be comfortable driving vans and pulling trailer.
- Ability to assist station event planning and execution as directed from time to time which may include live remote breaks.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Ability to lift or move a minimum of 75+ pounds and standing for long periods may be required. Requires travel to station events, client sites. Must have a reliable means of transportation and maintain current insurance and registration.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO: Lotus Radio insures there is no discrimination based on the grounds of race, color, religion, gender, age, handicap, veteran status or national origin in respect to recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation and training. Lotus Radio Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
If you know anyone who may be qualified to fill one of these positions, please let him or her know about this opportunity. Those interested are encouraged to apply in person during normal business hours 8:30a-5:30p at 690 East Plumb Lane, Reno, NV 89502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click HERE for application.