Lotus Radio Corp. is a subsidiary of Lotus Communications Corp. and is a media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio properties. Lotus Communications Corp. operates over 35 radio stations in the Western United States including stations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Sacramento, Boise, Tucson, Fresno and Bakersfield. Our Northern Nevada cluster has been serving the market for nearly 50 years and maintains a dominant position in broadcasting. Lotus Radio ensures there is no discrimination based on the grounds of race, color, religion, gender, age, handicap, veteran status or national origin in respect to recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation and training. Lotus Radio Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. If you know anyone who may be qualified to fill this position, please let him or her know about this opportunity. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. FT AE 2021-001
FULL TIME POSITIONS
Are you looking to work for a market leading Radio and Interactive Media Company? Do you have a proven track record in sales? As a privately-owned media company, our culture is one that rewards creativity, independent thinking, and dedication to our community and our clients. If you think you are the perfect fit for our culture we would love to hear from you. Our need is for an experienced Account Executive to sell radio advertising in Northern Nevada. Our stations include the top Triple A, Rock, Classic Rock and Sports stations in the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain new station advertisers through prospecting and great client service
- Primary responsibilities will include cold calling, developing new accounts, writing proposals, coordinating commercial copywriting and production and ongoing billing collection.
- Build relationships and sell radio as a marketing solution to help clients meet their key business challenges.
- Follows up on sales orders and ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensure sales orders are submitted and processed according to company policies and procedures.
- Requires visits to client offices and premises.
- May require client outings to sports and other entertainment events.
- Provide weekly activity/call reports and other sales reports when required.
- Be a positive force in the building.
- High School Diploma is required, an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience B2B/Outside Sales, with a demonstrated track record of meeting aggressive sales goals preferred. Broadcast sales experience is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of advertising products preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and an enthusiastic self-starter who is able to work effectively in a team environment and also independently.
- Must have strong presentation skills
- Must have effective time management skills.
- Must possess a will to win with the core focus on helping clients while hitting budgets.
- Deep familiarity with MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Office environment, some repetitive motion required. Requires travel to station events and client sites, valid drivers’ license is required with good driving record. Must have a reliable means of transportation and maintain current insurance and registration.